Senior Software Engineer - Ruby
Mondido was created from a developer and e-commerce perspective as tool for entrepreneurs to realize their dreams. Come join us in order to change the way people shop and pay online in the future.
We are currently looking for a seasoned Software Engineer with a few years of experience of shipping services and products.
Mondido is a data driven online payment solution that enables merchants to seamlessly accept payments on the web and mobile devices. We remove what’s difficult from setting up and offering various payment methods by working from a user perspective and believing that all customers are unique, have their own needs for design, payment types, and statistics. Our main focus is always to offer the best payment experience that we can, while offering swift and stellar support.
Mondido is a fast-growing FinTech company with growing numer of customers all over Europe. The company is backed by Nordea and NFT Ventures.
Working at Mondido will give you the opportunity to change the way people shop and pay online in the future.
We provide a scaleable, secure AWS based infrastructure using most of the features available. Often we're experimenting with new approaches on managed services doing the heavy lifting.
What we offer
- We can help you relocate to Stockholm and we can sponsor visas.
- We offer competitive salaries based on skills and experience.
- We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams, and strive to give all our co-workers a great work-life balance.
- Great office in central Stockholm
- Flexibility regarding working from home
- Awesome co-workers to work with and learn from
- Board game nights, dinners and hotel breakfasts hosted by the company.
- Possibility to grow in your current or, since we are growing rapidly, new roles
Responsibilities / About the job
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and a reliable Payment Infrastructure
- Integration of transaction based solutions.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks, security concerns, as well as performance issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatizations
- Be active in the tech community, watching related open source projects
- Aware of security alerts and issues connected to TLS, AWS, DNS, etc.
- Experience with Ruby development
- Experience from Rails, Sinatra or other web frameworks
- Solid understanding of secure and performant development
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies
- Used to produce unit- and integration tests
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Solution oriented approach on challenges
- Good teammate
- Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes experience is nice
- IT project planning is a plus